Thursday, November 8, 2012

Can't get better than this :)



Finally leaving 'God's own country' today for 'Aamchi Mumbai Changli'.. It's been one of the most beautiful vacations i have had in a long time.. I got engaged to beautiful girl, discovered my royal roots, tasted some delicious food from the North & South of Kerala, donated my blood to some promising mosquitoes who suck unto their bellies bust and die, enjoyed some awesome weather, discovered some new bugs, allowed some of them to bite me, some did without my consent.. Yeah all in all had a great time.. But can't wait to get back to Mumbai, the city that never sleeps. My home sweet home... :)

That was my status on FB today morning. I was quite excited about coming back to Mumbai. But I also was sad about leaving Amy. I knew I was gonna miss her bad. I was really missing her already. I just wished if I could hug her one last time before I left Kerala. She was gonna come to the Ernakulam station to bid me goodbye. I asked her if I could hug her before we see each other the last time for the year. And she was worried that our parents might find that awkward. So she politely declined though expressing that if he had a chance she would love that.

Now on the journey I was complaining to my mom about how these trains are so disgustingly dirty and that maybe I should cancel our train tickets (honeymoon) and get flight tickets instead. My mom thought I was being unrealistic & cribbing for no reason. Hence, she suggested that when we reach Ernakulam I could ask Amy to inspect the train and see if she finds it disgusting too. Mom suggested I cancel the tickets only if Amy finds it bad too. I texted Amy about this and she agreed.

When we reached Ernakulam, to my surprise Amy meets and greets my parents and my brother. But she never greeted me. I felt that quite strange. But 2 mintues later I asked her if she wanted to check the train and see how she felt about it. Now I was so engrossed in showing her around, that it completely slipped out of my mind that I was alone with Amy while our parents were standing outside the train on the platform. Right then Amy asked me, "Babe can I hug you?". I was sorta blank. I didn't know how to react. I didn't know if I should be embarrassed for letting a girl take the first step or just go with the flow and give her a hug. I chose the latter. haha... I just grabbed her so tight and we both gave each other a beautiful hug. Now I have hugged a lot of my girlfriends like a thousand times. And you feel nice, comforted, warm when you do that. But it's so different when you hug someone you love the most, and miss the most. It's the most amazing feeling ever!! and yeah my dad couldn't get any better than that :)

When the train left the station, she texted me that she loved me a lot and how she missed me. It was terrible. I have never missed someone like that in 7 years. I had sorta forgotten how it feels to miss someone. But now I had rediscovered how terrible it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment